Risk Management in Clinical Practice: Tools and Techniques
Jul 31 - Aug 1
- Who will attend
- Practical Exercise
- Industry Insights
- Brochure Download
This 2-day Risk Management in Clinical Practice: Tools and Techniques aims to provide delegates a strategic understanding on risk management in clinical settings. This training will transform delegates’ approach to clinical practice and develop their understanding of risk management. Delegates will learn about the theory and practice of risk management in healthcare in line with international standards, drawing case studies and current affairs to bring material to life and enhance their clinical practices.
Key Takeaways from Attending This Workshop:
- DISCOVER new insights into managing risk in complex and vulnerable health systems.
- OPTIMISE risk and safety management for better patient care.
- OBTAIN the skills to design, develop and embed risk management principles to contemporary nursing practice.
- DEVELOP a deep understanding of the risk concept and its application to healthcare governance.
- MITIGATE serious harm using examples from clinical practice.
- GAIN valuable insight and foresight from an experienced and credible practitioner who spent more than two decades developing risk and governance practices in some of the largest healthcare providers in Australia.
All healthcare practitioners and anyone wishing to extend their knowledge and skills in managing risk across the healthcare sector. This workshop is relevant to front line clinical practitioners, clinical experts and senior leaders looking to enhance their contribution to exemplary risk management and reducing serious harm.
- Chief Nursing Officers, Clinical Directors, Medical Directors
- Chief Risk Officer
- Medical Governance & Risk Management Managers
- Operational Managers
- Patients Safety and Clinical Standards Officer
- Risk Management Practitioners of All Levels
- Senior Nurses, Pharmacists and Therapists
- Trainee Clinical Staff
Course Trainer is a dedicated risk management professional with 15 years of experience across a range of industries particularly in clinical settings. His work experience has been extensive across a wide variety of project based roles in high-risk industries.
During his clinical nursing role, course trainer worked across many private and public hospitals, aged care, infection control, developmentally disabled, accident and emergency, rehabilitation wards, cardiothoracic wards, medical and surgical wards, orthopaedic ward and industrial health.
He has first-hand experience on risk related issues faced by nursing in the frontline primary care role. He is also familiar with the issues of manual handling, communicable diseases, infection control, medication safety, legal issues, compliance with clinical guidelines, fatigue management, staff shortages, overworked staff, patient safety, staff stress and burnout, clinical risk issues, zero tolerance to violence and bullying in the workplace, hazards e.g. pathogens, risk management and much more.
On top of that, he has extensive experience with ISO31000 Risk Management, AS/NZS 4801 Safety Management System, corporate training, workplace safety, psychosocial hazard management, coaching and mentoring, ergonomics, corporate health and wellbeing, environmental management, hazardous chemicals, risk controls, and business continuity management and driving workplace culture for companies up to 1000+ employees.
“He provided invaluable input into its development which he ran very effectively through an efficient project management style.”
“Course trainer is an analytical thinker who is able to deliver quality outcomes to his clients. Due to his background and Qualifications it makes him a very sort after WHSEQT professional.”
“Course trainer is very passionate about safety and always worked hard to provide the best outcomes for our people and projects.”
There will be a practical experience on Day 1.
Pharma China caters for the growing needs of the international pharmaceutical industry for up-to-date and insightful information and intelligence on China’s burgeoning but increasingly complex healthcare marketplace, and is subscribed by most multinational pharmaceutical companies, leading CROs, investment banks and consulting firms active in China as well as relevant industry associations and government agencies.
- Pharma China Journal Edition (monthly in PDF and Print)
- Pharma China Web Edition (continuously-updated news, in-depth commentaries and online databases)
- China Pharmaceutical Guide (the most comprehensive and authoritative reference for China’s healthcare sector)
Interested in partnering with us?
Please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Click here to get in touch with us.
Grand Copthorne Waterfront Hotel
392 Havelock Road, Singapore 169663